The balanced attack of revolutionary classes is S.M.A.R.T. They understand that their goal/purpose is to lead participants to Serve and to Start a new class. They Minister to member and prospect needs. They Assimilate new people and maintain connections with existing participants, including absentees. They Reach out intentionally, inviting people to come to fellowships and class. They Teach people how to live the Christ life, leading them to encounter God in His Word. Revolutionary classes are S.M.A.R.T.
What actions can you take to move your class toward a S.M.A.R.T. revolutionary class? There are lots of ways to do so, but here are some quick suggestions:
- Serve/Start new classes: help every member find a place to serve, train an apprentice, and help your class move toward starting another class,
- Minister: train care group leaders each to care for 3 members and 3 prospects,
- Assimilate: train greeters and use name tags,
- Reach: challenge members to invite to fellowships and to class; and set contact, enrollment, and attendance goals, and
- Teach: discover attender learning styles and seek greater participation in each lesson.