Since my role with the Kentucky Baptist Convention will shift in a few days to include Discipleship, my mind is naturally already thinking about the new responsibility. There are many natural connections between Sunday School, small groups, and discipleship.
But for the last several days, my mind has especially focused on the discipleship outcomes from Sunday School. What are the discipling results we should expect from attenders (particularly adults) in our Sunday School classes? What should happen in their lives? How should they be different as the result? How should they be becoming more like Jesus? What should they be doing in the church, community, and world? What will others experience and see in their lives as a result of the discipling efforts that take place in and through Sunday School?
I have already begun a list including scriptural support, but I am convinced that I have only scratched the surface. Help me think through this issue and these questions. Press Comments below and leave me your thoughts. My plan is to write a series of blog posts (might be a long series) focusing on discipleship outcomes from Sunday School.
I look forward to hearing from you.
For more ideas about discipleship and Sunday School, check out these blog posts:
- Sunday School: Growing One Disciple, Part 1, Sunday School: Growing One Disciple, Part 2, Sunday School: Growing One Disciple, Part 3, Sunday School: Growing One Disciple, Part 4, Sunday School: Growing One Disciple, Part 5, and Sunday School: Growing One Disciple, Part 6
- Who Is Leading Disciple-making in Your Sunday School Class?
- Sunday School Carrying out the Purposes of the Church
- The Simple Church Meets Sunday School Care Groups
- Growing Sunday School Equals Evangelism, Ministry, and Discipleship
- Revolutionary Sunday School: Changing Converts into Disciples
- Five Purposes of a Revolutionary Sunday School
- Sunday School Teaching Methods for Impacting Discipleship, Part 1 and Sunday School Teaching Methods for Impacting Discipleship, Part 2
- Taking Discipleship Seriously in Sund ay School
- Sunday School Attenders Showing Jesus to Others
- Transformational Sunday School Does More Than Lecture, Part 1