My friend, David Bond serves as Adult Sunday School Strategist for the Evangelism and Church Growth Team of the Arkansas Baptist State Convention. David wrote a recent great post for the Sunday School Leader blog that was entitled Simple Strategies for Building Community. In the post, David offered seven simple class efforts which can make a huge difference.
Here are the seven (but you will want to read his whole blog post):
- Get to know each other.
- Provide time for interaction in class.
- Name tags.
- Contact each other during the week.
- Come up big during crisis.
- Get together outside of class.
- Utilize groups within the group.
For more ideas about building class community, check out these blog posts:
- 101 Ways for Sunday School to Be Evangelistic, Part 3 Fellowship
- Sunday School Fellowship: More Than Food and Fun
- Reach and Assimilate People into the Kingdom Through Sunday School Fellowships
- Ten Values of Monthly Sunday School Fellowships
- Sunday School at Work During the Other 167 Hours, Part 1
- A Simple Two-Part System for Getting Sunday School Class Ministry Done, Part 2
- Fellowships Can Help You Grow Your Sunday School
- Sunday School Carrying out the Purposes of the Church
- Planning Sunday School Fellowship Activities
- Sunday School Making Disciples Through Fellowships
- Grow Your Sunday School Class by Partying
- Giving Attention to the Two Doors of the Sunday School
- Christmas Invitation to Sunday School
- Sunday School Class Lunch